Sunday, July 5, 2009

Europe :)

So I went to Europe...just in case you didn't know. A 13 day trip all throughout Europe with the help of Contiki, which I would absolutely recommend to anybody who's interested in traveling. We visited London; Paris; Lucerne, Switzerland; Liechtenstein; Munich, Germany; Innsbruck, Austria; Venice; Pisa; Florence; Rome; and Vatican City in the order of our trip. No big surprise, but I loved every minute of it and was amazed at everything I got to see. It's so much fun to see all the places and buildings that you've seen on tv and heard about. You really feel like you're a part of history.

I also came back with a much greater appreciation for America. Our small little comforts, like free restrooms, relative lack of graffiti and vandalism, and the abscence of video cameras watching your every move, are very nice. So I went all out in celebrating the 4th of July with a cookout and time at the pool with friends. Plus a whole lot of real Amerian food that I had missed while in Europe.

I kept a journal of everything we did during the trip so I plan on using it to give a day-by-day account of my trip on here. However, for the time being I just wanted to give a quick general update and peak some curiousities. You must look back soon to hear all the wonderful and crazy memories from my first time abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment